About Me

My photo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
I'm a punk rock guru from Detroit. Part skinhead, part crusty, part metalhead, part hardcore kid, part party kid, 100% punk rocker.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hellkrusher- Doomsday Hour LP review

I didn’t know what this band was like, and I am still not quite sure how to describe them.  It is… dark, apocalyptic, angry British anarcho crossover.  There; that’s the best short description you’ll get of this band.  However, there is a lot more to it than just that.
The guitars on this album are so down-tuned that this band could be a doom metal band if they played slower; luckily for the rest of the world, they play some sincerely insane crazy crossover thrash.  For the high end of the sound, it’s really low; the guitars are very ominous-sounding.  The bass is even lower than that, and it works well, keeping the beat and accompanying the most excellent, tuned-to-be-finesse drums that side of the Atlantic.  The drummer beats the living fuck out of his drums, to a great rhythm.  The singer’s deep British voice is the essence of this album, with his anger barking, not burning.  In addition to all of this, the band has the best chorus (or at least the most relevant and direct one) I’ve heard as of late:  “Fuck you, get out of my way, you’re scum, FUCK YOU PAL!”  Nothing quite encompasses the essence of my life, my existence (and the lives of my colleagues and friends, to be sure) quite like that.  This album is worth it for just that one song; but, there’s fifteen more, lucky for us.  Go out and buy this album already, pal.
-Aunty Social

No comments:

Post a Comment