About Me

My photo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
I'm a punk rock guru from Detroit. Part skinhead, part crusty, part metalhead, part hardcore kid, part party kid, 100% punk rocker.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sold Short- 2013 demo review



Sold Short- 2013 demo review
While listening to this demo and simultaneously playing Dynasty Warriors, I had a revelation, a moment of odd enlightenment, if you will.  I was analyzing the music as I knocked away Chinaman after Chinaman, and one thing I noted in the songs was a metalcore breakdown and a youth crew breakdown, mixed of course between pretty stellar new age hardcore.  Upon coming to this realization, it truly hit me how fucking nerdy it was to differentiate between these two extremely similar kinds of breakdowns (the only real difference is the drum tempo, and in some cases, the guitar tone)- in the end, it’s fucking hardcore.  Is it any good?  Yes, it is.  It’s more along the lines of modern mid-tempo hardcore, and for that, it’s pretty stellar.  Well worth it for a demo.
-Aunty Social

No comments:

Post a Comment