About Me

My photo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
I'm a punk rock guru from Detroit. Part skinhead, part crusty, part metalhead, part hardcore kid, part party kid, 100% punk rocker.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hibernation- Xeimepia Vapkn album review- by Scum of Discrumt

Hibernation- Xeimepia Vapkn- "Into The Silence Of The Eternal Sorrow"


(Skuld Releases)

10 out of 10

Hibernation hails from Athens, Greece. And in my humble opinion will surely become become a force to be reckoned with. The album opens with a rather opaque,dark instrumental setting a rather gloomy mood, just to give you a swift kick in the ass. Production quality is bang on,the band itself is amazing, and the message in the lyrics has something everyone can relate to. Musically I would say it is a mix of everything I love about Crust,Death Rock and Goth with none of it's short comings. I am hard pressed to find anything to really compare it to. Imagine Amebix getting together with Damad and The Struggle (Boston,MA) for a jam session. Truly this is one of the most original and intriguing albums I have heard in the last 5 years. A MUST HAVE.- The Scum of Discrumt

http://www.myspace.com/hibernationcrust

No comments:

Post a Comment