About Me

My photo
Detroit, Michigan, United States
I'm a punk rock guru from Detroit. Part skinhead, part crusty, part metalhead, part hardcore kid, part party kid, 100% punk rocker.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eight-Ball Death- three song demo review


Eight-Ball Death- Three song demo review
It’s hard not to love this band based off of the name and the cuddly-bear nature of singer/ guitarist El Toro.  After a couple of live shows, I saw these guys definitely had something going.  Sure, it’s drunken party punk, but given that the level of expectations I have for that sort of thing is pretty low, it’s above average, even on this demo.  It’s very lo-fi, raw, and sometimes hard to hear, but for a band putting out their first demo, this is about what I would expect to hear.  Not earth-shattering, but it’s a nice band to get drunk and pit to.  Even if drinking isn’t your thing, it’s still fast, goofy, and decent for what it is.  I don’t know if this band has “it”, but they’re good at what they do.  It’s no Suicidal Tendencies’ first album, but I’ve bands put out far worse shit, and been a longer-existing group.  Lo-fi thrash-y punk, nothing to go crazy for, but worth listening to; it’s free anyways.
-Aunty Social

1 comment:

  1. Some fuckin (ex) beer stackin hippieMarch 4, 2012 at 8:02 PM

    Woot for 8BD!

    ReplyDelete